Delco-Remy CS130 Repair Instructions
For Delco Remy CS130 and CS121 series alternators, page
Go To Page - 1 2 3
4 5 6
The drive end bearing is sealed on both sides and requires
no added lubrication. The bearing inner race is a slip fit
over the shaft. A drive end frame assembly is shown in Figure
9. Torque the shaft nut to 54-108 N M (4680 lb.-ft.). The
slip ring end bearing assembly is covered in the next
- Discard bearing retainer ring, Figure 4.
- Install new ring.
- To install new bearing. push on outer race until
bearing bottoms in end frame. This procedure is not yet
completed, see Step 12 after alternator is completely
- Position regulator. rectifier bridge, and brush holder
on work bench flat surface, solder or crimp connectors as
in original assembly. Hold brushes in holder with pin.
- To dissipate heat and make electrical contact place
Copper heat Transfer grease, part no.698-T on end under
- Position assembly in slip ring end frame, assemble
- Assemble baffle, use punch to drive pins down flush
- Seat stator securely against end frame, solder three
stator leads to rectifier bridge terminals.
- Install cover, use punch to drive pins flush with
- Push on both inner and outer race of slip ring end
bearing to assemble end frames together.
- Assemble thru bolts. Remove brush holder pin.
- With alternator assembled, push on both inner and outer
race so slip ring end bearing seats
GENERATOR BENCH CHECK
To check the alternator in a test stand, proceed as
- Make connections as shown in Figure 11, except leave
the carbon pile disconnected. The ground polarity of
alternator and battery must be the same. The battery must
be fully charged. Use a resistor of any value between 35
ohm, 5 watt, and 500 ohm. 1/2 watt between battery and "L"
terminal. This procedure applies to both circuits, Figures
3 and 3A.
- Slowly increase alternator speed and observe
- If the voltage is uncontrolled and increases above 16.0
volts, the rotor field is shorted or grounded or the
regulator is defective, or both. A defective rotor field
coil can cause the regulator to become defective. NOTICE:
The battery must be fully charged when making this
- If voltage is below 16.0 volts, increase speed and
adjust carbon pile to obtain maximum amperes output.
Maintain voltage above 13.0 volts.
- If output is within 15 amperes of rated output.
generator is good.
- If output is not within 15 amperes of rated output,
alternator is defective and requires repair or belt is