Your Ultimate online source for Quality OPTIMA Batteries Automotive
Automotive, Marine and Deep-Cycle Applications
OPTIMA BATTERIES are like NO other!
Inside the unique shell of the OPTIMA battery is an equally unique -- and superior design. Unlike traditional batteries, which use thick lead plates suspended in a pool of acid, OPTIMA batteries feature two long, thin layers of high purity lead precisely wound into tight spiral cells, with an absorbent glass mat in between the lead coils to hold the electrolyte solution.
The revolutionary Spiralcell design allows for more power and increased energy, resulting in quick, reliable starts even in extreme conditions of temperature, shock, and duty cycle. Because OPTIMA is the only battery with Spiralcell construction, no other battery comes close to matching OPTIMA's performance and reliability.
The OPTIMA Advantages:
- Far higher power at cold and hot temperatures
- Up to 3 times the life of other batteries
- 3 times the charge holding period of other batteries
- 15 times more shock resistant than other batteries
- Is non-spillable and can mount in any position
- Provides constant output during discharge
Frequently Asked Questions About OPTIMA Batteries:
- Why do OPTIMA batteries last longer than conventional batteries?
- Do OPTIMA batteries ever produce gas?
- What does deep cycle mean, and how are deep cycle batteries different?
- When should a deep cycle battery be used?
- Does the OPTIMA Deep Cycle Battery have a "memory"?
- Why do OPTIMA batteries have such a low rate of self discharge?
- Can OPTIMA batteries be charged with a solar charger or trickle charger?
- Will a high output alternator damage an OPTIMA battery?
- Can I hook an OPTIMA battery in parallel with a different battery?
- What is a gel cell battery? How does the OPTIMA battery compare?
Optima Red Top Starter Batteries